RIFE International is an Energy and Sustainable construction firm with Headquarters in the Washington DC metropolitan area and local office in Ghana. We are seeking a talented Solar Engineer to manage our renewable energy department for our energy-focused company. At RIFE, we believe that helping organizations adopt Renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable construction best practices will deliver strong long-term savings, vastly improve access to affordable power in developing areas of the world and uplift the human condition across the globe. We are committed to doing our part in the energy transition and providing a welcoming workplace for talented people ready to make a real difference fighting climate change.
- Lead and manage design and engineering services for solar and solar + storage projects throughout the origination and development stages.
- Provide high-quality designs and calculations for renewable projects with minimal training.
- Check site feasibility and provide the best suitable option for enhancing suitability. Provide high-quality consulting to clients.
- End-to-end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted) and Service Support.
- Review and delegate project tasks to team members.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Manage electrical type work.
- Maintain files and documents as a backup for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, and price lists.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- Stay up to date with compliance in laws, regulations, and standards.
- Maintain technological skills.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Engineering license or Electrical License is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years total experience is required, 3+ years in renewables is preferred.
- Proficiency in design and drafting utilizing AutoCAD is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of PV SYST or similar software.
- Knowledge in electrical design including techniques, tools, principles, blueprints, drawings, and models. Experience conducting all essential tests required in entire Solar Project Execution.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Efficient time management – must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
RIFE offers an excellent work environment with opportunities for growth. We offer competitive benefits that include medical, dental vision and company paid group life, disability, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and 401k plan. We offer competitive compensation along with an incentive earnings program.
Ready to grow your career? Apply to RIFE today!
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org